Skills & Requirements
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Previous prep or line-cook experience
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Understand & follow written and verbal instruction & direction
- Attention to detail and ability to smell & taste
- Manages self calmly and effectively under pressure
- The ability to regularly reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel.
- Repetitive hand or arm motions.
- Lifting and/or moving up to 10kg regularly; occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 20kg..
- Standing or walking for up to 12 hours at a time.
Days per week: 4
Hours per month: 140
Payrate per hour: Starting from 10,00€ per hour
Language(s) requirement: Fluency in English
The Pastry Cook is responsible for the daily preparation, production and finishing of all baked items for breakfast/brunch service. The Baker typically has several duties that revolve around helping the kitchen stay clean and maintaining the high standards of the operation. The Baker may be also be required to help prep items for lunch service.
- • Follow all recipes, and presentation specifics as set forth by Head Chef.
- • Effectively prepare all required dishes in a timely manner for specific service period.
- • Ensure consistency with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules.
- • Effectively communicate errors/ inconsistencies etc. to team mates and expeditors and correct the problem immediately
Prep and Kitchen Organization:
- • Follow all opening/closing kitchen procedures
- • Set up station according to Chef/Kitchen guidelines
- • Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at Pastry stations
- • Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
Safety and Maintenance:
- • Prepare all food according to the Mitte Gesundheitsamt Guidelines
- • Handle, store, and rotate all products according to H&S procedures
- • Understand and adhere safety and sanitation standards when cleaning and maintaining the kitchen
- • Properly use and maintain all kitchen equipment
- • Maintain a clean and stocked workplace, kitchen area, storage area and walk-in
- • Track and report any food waste